Failure to understand the cause of low morale leads to artificial fixes that either create a false sense of a morale boost while further frustrating employees or do nothing at all. It is important to understand that low morale is not the result of external forces: customers, regulations, audits, bad PR, decreased sales. Nor are team members to blame when low morale results in back-biting, victimization or resentment of peers. Rather morale is established exclusively through a top-down mechanism and not the other way around. Management and leadership drive morale up or down. And ultimately only these individuals within the organization can change its trajectory.
5 Tips to Maximize Your Holiday Sales
The holiday season is the time when many businesses turn a profit. A well-organized business owner can get ahead of the curve and earn enough money over winter to carry the shop through the lean early-year months.
If you often find yourself screening calls you receive on your landline or cell phone by simply refusing to pick up if you don’t recognize the number, you may wonder whether there is anything you can do to slow this flow of unsolicited calls without risking a missed call from a friend who happens to be at a different phone number that day. Fortunately, in many cases, adding your name to the National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry or reporting a robotic caller who has violated the FCC restrictions on wireless contact can be enough to rid yourself of these unwanted calls for good. Read on to learn more about federal laws governing who can and can’t contact you by phone, as well as some exceptions to the DNC Registry that may still permit unsolicited contact under certain circumstances.
Recent studies suggest that some 60% of employers search social media before making hiring decisions; and this is likely to be true of colleges and potential clients as well. So it’s only common sense to make sure that your profiles and posts cast you in a positive light, and can give no offense.
If the world of credit card processing confuses you, you are far from alone. In addition to the various entities with a stake in the process, there are many different terms thrown around which can sometimes seem overwhelming to anyone who simply wants to accept credit and debit card payments. What can make the process more daunting is when some terms are used interchangeably. Here, we provide a brief description of some of the more common card processing terms to help you understand what really means what, and perhaps to navigate merchant account selection more easily.
Getting an interview and landing a desirable new job is more challenging than ever due to an increasingly competitive job market. It takes careful forethought and near-flawless execution to land the perfect job. However, you can make the search easier on yourself and more successful by staying proactive throughout the entire job-hunting process. Here are some of the top tips for landing a coveted role:
We run our lives on apps. We turn to them for entertainment. We consult them in matters of finance, time management, cooking, shopping. In many ways they control our lives. They take what at one time might have required an evening at the desktop computer into the scope of anytime and anywhere. Down time spent waiting in line need no longer exist. We can always turn to our apps to fill every time void in our lives and find ultimate productivity.
Small businesses are an important sector of the economy. In fact, 99.7 percent of U.S. employer firms are small businesses - defined as an independent business with fewer than 500 employees. This does not count the over three-quarters of small businesses that have no employees other than the owner. 73.2% are sole proprietors, generally taxed as individuals.
According to information published by the US Census, Millennials, or Americans born between 1982 and 2000 represent approximately one-quarter of the nation’s population. This means that finding ways to market to them is vital for companies of all sizes and types. While every organization will have unique needs and desires, we have put together a few tips that can benefit your firm as you continue to grow and attempt to reach this influential group.
• Content Marketing – Reaching customers through content marketing is easy. You can utilize blogs, websites, and eBooks to create inbound material that draws customers in—rather than advertising directly to them. This is what the millennial generation knows and expects.
• Be Authentic – While content marketing is a successful type of marketing, it only works when it is authentic. These customers expect you to be you. Don’t be afraid to show customers exactly who you are as a company—and as a real person. Be yourself. It allows you to connect with this generation on a deeper level.
• Use Social Media – While nearly everyone today is on social media, the millennial generation is the group that grew up on it and is the group that spends the most time on it. Advertising, marketing and connecting on social media allows you a new form of flexibility that you didn’t have in the past.
• Use Video, Pictures and Everything Else – Snapchat, YouTube, Instagram, Vine and other programs may not seem like marketing tools, but they can be. These are tools that the Millennial generation uses every day. Get on these platforms. This is where your audience is and where they are comfortable. Don’t be afraid to explore these zones.
• Speak the Language – You don’t have to speak in “text speak,” or use slang, but don’t be afraid to be a bit more informal in your marketing message. Additionally, remember that emoticons are part of today’s mobile language. Speak the Millennial language if you want to be taken seriously.
There are many things to consider when choosing the best POS solution for your business. Your decision on the system may be based on your need at the time, the aspects of your POS you'd like to address, or even the cost effectiveness, or value of the system. Does the system make your inventory management easier? Will that system enhance or detract from customer loyalty? Can you manage your staff in a few clicks of a button?